Meeting Practical Needs
Team Leaders: Sylvia Love and Sarah Hearn
The Dorcas Clothing Ministry was established in 2003 to provide clean, high-quality clothes for those within the congregation, the surrounding community, and countries around the world. Our desire is to be an outward expression of Christ's love by meeting the practical needs of those seeking assistance.
We provide clothing for men, women, and children of all sizes regardless of their economic situation. We know that receiving much-needed clothing can make a huge difference in the lives of individuals and families who are faced with a limited budget. If you or someone you know has clothing needs, please visit the Dorcas Clothing Closet.
Allow us to bless you. It is our reasonable service.
Dorcas Reaches Outside the Walls
Over the past 4 years, the Dorcas Clothing Ministry has met various needs within the community and the world. Some of our efforts include:
- Providing ongoing support to the Homeless Outreach
- Supporting the Home Missions Team with clothing distributions during Thanksgiving and Christmas Blessings
- 2005 Clothing Distribution Fair for the community
- Shipping barrels of clothing for all ages to Dominica, Nicaragua, Alabama, New Mexico and West Virginia
- Providing donations to Lighthouse Assembly of God Homeless Outreach
- Setting up a Community Day “boutique” that was available to more than 4000 attendees
- Supporting the needs of our Partners in the field
- Shipping prom attire and accessories to Alabama, West Virginia, Virginia, and New Mexico as a result of the 2008 Prom Drive.
If you or anyone you know is interested in donating clothing at any time or have a clothing need, we encourage you to please contact us through the church office at 301-899-5940.
We welcome all types of clothing and shoes for men, women, and children. New, packaged athletic socks and underwear will also be accepted. All donations must be in good condition, freshly washed, or dry cleaned.
As we desire to provide garments in "new" or "like new" condition, we can not accept clothes that are poor condition, dirty, or permanently stained. We can not accept previously worn undergarments.
Dorcas accepts “gently used clothing” items in the following conditions:
- Currently in style
- Free of holes, rips, and tears. This includes the linings of jackets, coats, pants, and skirts
- Free of stains and permanent markings. Please examine garments before donating
- Buttons must be in place and zippers must function properly
- Shoes must be clean and in good condition (no holes, minimal scuffing, minimal wear on soles)